CLICK HERE TO GIVE TO ADVENT CONSPIRACY
Seven years ago we began to ask the question, "What if we celebrated Christmas differently? What if we were to substitute consumption for compassion? What if we spent less and gave more away? What if our conviction to do this were rooted in a deep desire to worship Jesus and to tell a better story?"
you worshiped Jesus and gave—spending less and giving more—and the world was transformed.
As a result of your Advent Conspiracy giving last year:
- more than 500 Vietnamese women living with HIV/AIDS found support, community, medicine and resources.
-Dozens of men found freedom from drug addiction and discipleship in becoming transformed leaders.
-Hundreds of families in Cambodia now have clean water: leading to healthier children, more productive families and a more thriving community.
- A new school is now launched and thriving in an impoverished community of Cambodia, in partnership with a church plant there, where hundreds of children will receive love, attention and opportunities for a brighter future.
- Right here in Portland, our new Welcome Home ministry was launched: equipping and supporting foster families in our church; launching Foster Parents’ Night Out serving 60 foster children and their families every month; creating over 400 Welcome Boxes for youth entering the foster care system; and doing an “Extreme Makeover” renovation on Portland’s East side Child Welfare offices where hurting children are taken in our city during one of the most difficult times of their lives.
Our Advent offering will go to initiatives serving the poor, vulnerable and hurting in Jesus' name, bother here in Portland and around the world. This years offering will go towards:
- Global: Clean water, education and drug rehabilitation in Vietnam and Cambodia
- Local: Foster care and Missional Grants
This year you are also encouraged to BRING A GIFT with your offering. There are two types of gifts you can bring:
- Make a Welcome Box...
with an encouraging note for a child in our city's foster care system. Instructions for "Welcome Boxes" can be found in the Imago Dei lobby or HERE.
- Keep our Neighbors warm...
gift wrap socks, gloves or sewing kits with an encouraging note for those our homeless ministries serve. Please give only new or like new items; place a lebel on it (like a post-it note) describing what's inside and any clothing sizes so our homeless ministries can distribute appropriately.
Be prepared to bring your [AC] offering and other gifts on Sunday, December 23rd.
If you have any questions related to Advent Conspiracy, please contact Meredith Ramey.